Our Racing Development Board (“RDB") of the Racing Development Department provides an integrated platform for the development of racing professionals in Hong Kong, and a series of certified training courses ranging from foundation course which instils employees with basic horse knowledge to advanced course which focuses on technical skills and stables management. The certified courses are now accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Academic Accreditation and Vocational Qualification (HKCAAVQ) at the Hong Kong Qualification Framework Level 1 to 4. We aim to establish a world class training system offered to our racing professionals that they can invest their future by obtaining qualifications that reflect the world’s best practice in the racing industry as well as being recognized in Hong Kong. The RDB is now looking for a Fitness Instructor to develop our racing trainees to become competent Apprentice Jockeys and Work Riders.
- be responsible for the daily lives of the apprentices and racing trainees aid the programme manager, riding instructor and assistant manager on all aspects of the trainees’ personal, academic and fitness development
- organize and supervise indoor and outdoor training activities ensure that racing trainees comply with hostel regulations and deal with cases of emergency
- document the performance and conduct of racing trainees in the hostel and submit a monthly written report to the programme manager
- shift and stand-by duty will be required depending on school’s schedule
- working location: Shatin / Sheung Shui/ Mainland China
- have a post-secondary qualification with teaching and/or sports training experience
- be a qualified fitness instructor
- prior experience in hostel management is a distinct advantage
- possess proven integrity
- be a self-starter who can show clear initiative and a good sense of responsibility
- have proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese. A good command of Putonghua will be an asset
- have possession of a valid driving license will be an asset
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.