Frasers Group London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless
To stay ambitious, we need a Footwear Buyer who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
• You will base in the UK and physically report to Taichung, Taiwan quarterly.
• Internal and external, trends and commercial, research and analysis, deliver innovative and elevate best sellers designs.
• Presenting design ideas, creating a model of a shoe and its key features, to be signed off by buyer.
• Ensure that the correct product lines are being designed/renewed, whether that be existing continuity, last year’s seasonal or any new ideas found from business analysis or market place knowledge and research.
• Proactively recognizes what will need to change in a brand or product range and briefs suppliers in advance of the needs.
• Key understanding of footwear fitting, grading, construction and manufacture.
• Capability to create Technical Packages and manage communications.
• Work with development team in Taichung to create prototypes that meet with deadlines required on Design Sourcing Calendar.
• Participate in reviewing designs/tech packs with the development team in Taichung to ensure they are in-line with the elevation strategy.
Skills & Qualifications
• 5 years and above experience within the footwear design industry
• Strong design and illustration skills both hand drawn and digital.
• High levels of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Good working knowledge of footwear constructions and processes.
• Experience of working with factories and suppliers in the Far East and able to travel.
• Portfolio submission is required for application.
If you are a team player with excellent attention to detail and plenty of initiative, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within our Group.
|Job ref no.||CT3130529-01#1605|