About the Role
- The Group Operations Analyst will support the Group COO and Country Heads in the quest to improve club profitability and in growing the business.
- Through small incremental changes the club profitability can be improved. To do this an in depth understanding of processes and procedures within the club along with the drivers of revenue and cost is required.
- The role will allow for challenging of the status quo and consideration of solutions that will help the business operate simpler, better and cheaper. All this will be done without adversely impacting the member experience and allowing PURE to maintain its position as a premium operator.
- PURE will continue to invest and grow in fitness and yoga clubs as well as consider new concept launches and you will be supporting the business to grow succesfully.
- The role will require somoene who is able to analyse, identify opportunities and propose workable recommendations along with the reasons for making changes.
- It will involve developing in-depth analytics around class capacities; class waitlists; class performance, instructor performance, Personal Training statistics, studio management, check-in analysis, suspension analysis and terminations. From the analysis we hope to identify possible areas for change or improvement.
- Revenue and Cost analysis will also be required so as to identify where improvements can be made.
- You will be involved in the strategy plan, the budget and forceast process using your knowledge and experience to shape and refine plans.
- There will also be monthly club KPI meetings at which we expect the analyst to question and constructively challenge the numbers.
- PURE has gone through a rapid growth phase and the policies and processes will need to be updated and challenged to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- With your sharp, analytical and challenging mind you will support the business teams to deliver that incremental change that will make the difference to the business performance
The Group Operations Analyst is accountable for:
Leading the financial and KPI analysis on club performance which encompasses:
- Review monthly club P&Ls in detail and identify/explain any unusual changes to plan, previous months, previous year and against other clubs with a focus on lines that could become longer term issues.
- Review Personal Training performance in terms of sessions performed by club and by Personal Trainer and understand renewal and retention trends.
- Monitor suspensions and terminations by club to identify any problem areas, trends or opportunities for improvement.
- Review class bookings, waitlists and schedules by club on a daily basis to identify opportunities to create capacity and satisfy member wants whilst balancing this against the costs of adding classes i.e. optimising capacity in a cost effective manner.
- Review Sales and Personal Trainer revenue performance each month against goals to help with goal setting for the next month.
- Monitor club KPIs on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and attend KPI meetings to provide details.
Reviewing processes along with business teams to identify opportunities to do things simpler, better and cheaper.
Providing support to the strategic decision-making process and participating in ad-hoc projects such as the launch of new business opportunities.
Supporting the COO in the delivery of the actions that will achieve or beat the targets.
- Degree (Bachelor or above) in Accounting or Finance and related subjects
- Candidate with Audit background is a plus
- 4+ years’ exposure in finance, business planning and data analytics
- High attention to detail and analytical approach to data filtering & data processing techniques and correlation across various financial data and KPIs
- Passionate about making a difference and helping the business to grow.
- Willingness to work the detail with teams.
- There will be ad-hoc requests – willingness to help out if required.
- An engaging individual that has a history of getting the very best from team collaboration.
- Due to the geographic distriution of teams an ability to converse in English is a must. Mandarin and Cantonese are definite advantages