To manage a special product engineering and a costing team as part of the commercial and operational process such that we realise the mass customisation of our product ranges at a cost and delivery time that will support our strategic objectives of the market leaders in the development of customised solutions for our customers.
- To define, create and implement, in conjunction with the Finance Team, a model process that will be used to examine the margin that can be realised to special products. Always look for the opportunities of reducing the cost, improving the margin and enhancing the competitiveness of special offers
- To lead and manage all relevant activities for special request in APAC region and provide a reliable daily service to the business in terms of faster turnaround time, competitive pricings and robust engineering solutions.
- To build team dynamics where opinions are heard and valued, decisions are made quickly, expectations are clearly communicated, roles are clearly defined, and changes if any are quickly adopted.
- To lead decision-making and trade-off analysis against project objectives and priorities such as engineering solution, cost, investment, sources, quality and schedule.
- To constantly review the pricing generated for projects involving specials and look for opportunities to re-engineer, re-source or redefine product specifications to achieve the lowest cost for individual items and the highest variable margins for the project.
- To work with the commercial function to constantly improve the special product process and reduce the cycle time for setting up special products to the point where they will not be a constraint to the customers delivery requirements.
- To analyse the overall activity of the specials team and produce management information that identifies both the historical trends (conversions rates on special projects / special requests by region / product line etc.) and extrapolates future action plans I terms of redefinition of ‘specials’ as standard products and creates a base for the fast-track development of those products.
- To be responsible for all the elements of the special product engineering processes, working closely with sales to; identify, develop, prototype, mock-up, engineer and communicate customer requirements to manufacturing.
- A Bachelor's degree in Product Design or Engineering.
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience with three years of team management and successful leadership of cross-functional teams.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.