Introduction The Head of Regional Sales has the overall responsibility for ensuring the achievement of the short and long-term strategic sales goals. He operates based on the organizational structure of the ZEISS Group (defined in the ZEISS Blue Book) and the ZEISS SSC Management Principles. The incumbent carries responsibility for Ophthalmic revenues and profitability in the respective region through SSCs (consolidated regional P&L)
The job-holder provides the sales strategy of all company sales functions in alignment with the overall SBU-sales strategy, guides all sales activities, leads new business development opportunities and executes the agreed go-to-market strategy.
The success will be measured by forecast-accuracy, orders, revenue and profitability. Requirements Education
- University degree in a technical, business management or product related field or graduation from a higher institution, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant sales management or marketing experience, minimum of 2-3 years of experience in people management
- Deep Understanding of management of a Matrix Sales Organization and be able to apply change through the influence of the organization;
- Well connected internally and externally within respective segments with thorough understanding of local business attitudes and culture;
- Detailed knowledge of local markets and market drivers, ideally proficient knowledge of major local languages and culture;
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze financials;
- Must be fluent in business English, high level intercultural acumen and experience;
- High set social and leadership skills
Market Development & Competitive Intelligence
- Analyse, predict and continuously monitor market trends; analyse competitive strategies; identify emerging technologies and define business opportunities and provide continuous feedback to the BG/SBU in HQ
- Support the development of the BG overall strategy by providing information on regional conditions to secure the feasibility globally
- Develop and implement the go-to-market approach in accordance with the global (Sales) Strategy and the long range SBU growth ambitions in close cooperation with PC/SSC Management.
- Define country priorities (in alignment with relevant peers) and provide input for BG specific financial targets and personal targets of the PC manager to SSC Head (as defined in the ZEISS SSC Management Principles).
- In Alignment with Group/BG/SSC/SBU and Segment-heads manage the profitability and continued growth of ZEISS products, services and solutions according to SBU growth plan in your area of responsibility
- Ensure the implementation of the BG strategy, policies, corporate governance requirements, objectives and initiatives in the defined region together with the PC managers
- Develop and support product positioning, branding, training and promotional strategies on the regional and local levels
- Actively coach the implementation and use of Customer Relationship Management & Excellence Tools (e.g. CRM, metrics, Maturity Assessment)
- Monitoring of funnel quality and hygiene by KPI’s incl setting up and conducting monthly business calls
- Plan, manage and monitor sales, profits, costs, inventory levels and debtors; track performance against key performance metrics; provide continuous feedback to top management and ensure the implementation of adequate measures if there is a need for action
- Development of budget and rolling FCs collaboratively with PC Managers, consolidation for respective region
- Guarantee an optimum use of resources and funds with the purpose of achieving the short‐term revenue and operating profit targets and strategic objectives (maximising the performance of the sales staff)
- Build and maintain direct contact with existing senior level customers and develop business strategies for senior level customer accounts
- Identify potential new customers, expand "share of wallet" with existing customers and train and travel with local and regional customers
- Create and manage Centers of Excellence for ZEISS OPT
- Develop of a cross border Sales team that allows for exchange of knowledge and resources in Sales and Service in SSCs of respective area and build close relationship and experience-/know-how- exchange with fellow Sales Heads as well as Global Service
- Develop and maintain a professional network
Quality improvement and Regulatory Affairs
- Manage and monitor internal and external processes, procedures and systems, suggest continuous improvement and ensure that available resources are used efficiently
- Serve as information conduit to ensure that SBU Regulatory Affairs teams are kept abreast of significant regional organizational and market developments and relevant operational plans
Finance, Budget, Investment
- Together with the Head of Global OPT Sales and Finance, set revenue and HC aspirations for SSC’s as part of annual budget process.
- Partner with SSC’s and Human Resources to develop human capital strategies and to establish financial investment required to achieve competitive sales incentive plan structures
- Partner with Finance to ensure the continuous reporting, forecast and evaluation of all relevant key performance indicators, in particular: orders, sales, gross profit, SSC market contribution, EBIT, OpEx, etc., with the goal of early identification of risks, appropriate actions and the timely introduction of measures
We offer attractive remuneration package and benefits. Interested parties please send resume with current and expected salary.
- Guide, motivate, assess, control and develop direct and matrix subordinates according to ZEISS Leadership Principles. Cultivate and promote the ZEISS culture and values
- Develop and communicate a clear strategy for your area of responsibility and ensure efficient structure and processes
- Establish metrics to assess individual and team performance and manage performance and develop employeeseffectively
- Functional leadership of PC managers, Shared responsibilities with SSC Managers for change, development and incentive target setting (VCS) of PC Managers
(Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purpose only. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks.)
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.