Head of Service Operations, APAC
The Head of Service Operations is accountable for the leadership of the Client Service and Post Sale Service teams. Fostering an environment of client service excellence and collaboration across both teams, this role will be responsible for the tactical planning and execution of end to end service delivery to our clients. They will work in partnership with key stakeholders across the business, including the Client Experience Project, to ensure alignment with global strategy as appropriate for the region. They will be responsible for the talent mapping, management and development of client service staff across operations for the region.
• Lead a team of 15+ staff of Service Operation handling both remote and in person end to end client service delivery
• Responsible for ensuring that Service Operations staff, systems and processes are compliant with best practice and legal requirements, including credit and payment policy, anti-fraud controls, KYC, data protection etc
• Coach the team to success. Build high performing teams and foster talent by setting clear achievable objectives with relevant support, conducting monthly coaching, guide supervisors to perform on-the-job coaching
• Responsibility for the day to day management of the regional service operations team, including recruitment, organizational structure, training and development, resource deployment and performance management
• Accountable for department P/L and cost-effective decision making
• Ensure that the Service Operations function delivers an exception experience to both external and internal clients, whilst driving continuous improvements and simplification to our client experience
• Work with the Operations Senior Management, Client Accounting, Legal and Compliance, Shipping and Logistic, Bids and Business Support, translate global strategy into operational reality
• Partner globally with counterparts and Head of Service Projects, Operations to implement Client Experience strategy and other global projects, as well as continuous improvements including systems enhancements, communications, training and reporting
• Accountable for the ongoing delivery and management of the Service Recovery programme. Work with the business to ensure that all escalated issues are resolved in a timely and elegant way, driving client loyalty and engagement. Communicate directly with clients on escalated matters to resolve gracefully
• Produce monthly reports on service statistics, identifying trends and work with other Operations managers to address service failures and ensure ongoing operations service excellence
• Drive an environment of service excellence through the delivery of Exceptional Service Training both across the business and within Client Service Operations. Deliver enhanced and consistent training across Service Operations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
• Degree holder and proven 10+ years’ experience in a client facing leadership role, demonstrating excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to influence business priorities/strategy – experience with Auction business is a plus
• Self-motivate team player with a track record of success partnering with peer colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver results on time and on budget
• Strategic mind-set and experienced with business overviews, defining business processes and implementing change strategies
• Enthusiastic and passionate with excellent sense of service quality, strategic business acumen and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skill to all levels in the organization and agility to work within a team environment
• Excellent presentation, facilitation and influencing skills with high standard of written and spoken English and Chinese
|Job ref no.||CT3125906-01#9012|
World’s Leading Auction House
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour. Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Christie’s, the world's leading art business, had global auction and private sales. Our sales figures were driven by an increase in new buyers across all geographies coming to the market, including from growth markets such as China and through the Internet.
Christie's also has a long and successful history conducting private sales for its clients in all categories.
Christie’s has a global presence with 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, and Hong Kong. More recently, Christie’s has led in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the Middle East, with successful sales, exhibitions and initiatives in Shanghai, Moscow, Baku, Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai.