- Position: HKTA Performance Coach
To design training programs and deliver on-court sessions within the Hong Kong Tennis Association (HKTA)
Player Development program. Be guided by the aims and objectives of HKTA.
The Performance Coach has the responsibility for coaching a designated group of players based at one the
HKTA centres. This is a role with both on-court and off-court responsibilities. It will consist of a minimum of
30 hours per week on-court, as well as administrative duties, and tournament support responsibilities, both
within Hong Kong and travelling internationally. This role incorporates the following responsibilities:
1 Technical and tactical development of the players in his/her group.
2 Designing tournament and training schedules for the players in his/her group as well as monitoring and
3 Working with a team of support staff to deliver the appropriate physical, tactical, mental and sports
medicine programmes to the players.
4 Working within the guidelines of the Annual Plan.
5 Regular communication with parents on a formal and informal basis.
6 Regular liaison with relevant HKTA committees and staff.
7 Supporting the delivery of educational programmes.
8 Represent the HKTA and its player’s interests, to the media and general public in a positive light.
9 Any other duties deemed appropriate by the HKTA Director of Player Development.
1) To work within the HKTA coaching team to create a world class high performance training environment.
2) To create, build and sustain effective working relationships and networks with key partners, particularly
other tennis coaches, committees, and staff.
3) Maintain high standards of discipline and work ethic to ensure the success and the professional image of
the HKTA. Be a role model and lead by example. Ensure that standards are maintained at all levels.
4) Continually update knowledge on world’s best practices to ensure best possible information is available
to players. Through regular appraisal and self-analysis, find opportunities for personal and professional
5) Ensure you receive information, instruction and training about Health & Safety at work, and notify the
Director of Player Development of any concerns within your department.
6) To build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the
organisation, as well as working in partnership with other team members.
7) To be an ambassador of the HKTA both internally and externally, communicating the vision and direction
of the HKTA with passion, and project a positive image of the HKTA at all times.
8) Abide by the HKTA Coach’s Code of Conduct.
1) Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to, the game of tennis.
2) Knowledge and understanding of the needs of high performance players; junior, senior, male and
3) Knowledge and understanding of how to engage and communicate with, and motivate tennis players of
all ages, and parents and committees.
4) Knowledge and understanding of H&S and Child Protection.
5) Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, and by telephone.
6) Ability to work effectively in a team.
7) A full understanding of international standards in both senior and junior tennis.
8) Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic.
If you are interested in the above position, please submit a letter of application by clicking Apply Now
Provide a detailed CV that includes your coaching and academic qualifications, relevant work history, details
of your playing career and your achievements as a coach. Include a recent photograph and a list of three
referees that can be contacted to vouch for your character as a person, and/or your skills as a performance
coach. The deadline for the application is Friday 18 May 2018.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3114386-01#5209|