Playright is a charity which carries out the mission of promoting children play for 30 years as we “Value Children, Value Play”.
Hospital Play Services
In Hospital Play, we help sick children and special needs children to cope with being ill and/or being hospitalized to prevent emotional scars. We support families and partners and also conduct researches to strengthen holistic paediatric care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct Play, Leisure Activity and Arts activities to establish Hospital Play services to be a sustainable and essential Part of the Health Care System
- Engage and develop Hospital Play in different public hospitals including but not limited to Special Outpatient Clinic (SOPC), Radiology Department, Renal Ward and other wards and departments as required.
- Embrace the PLAY model for connecting HKCH with other district hospitals to support seamless care to child patients through Play, Leisure, Arts using a child-centred and child friendly way.
- Partner with NGOs & Communities to strengthen comprehensive care to child patients.
- Continue to perform the role with best practices and pursue overseas qualifications and local recognition, gain accreditation and acceptance in the medical communities for quality service provision.
- Work with different professional bodies and Universities to conduct evidence based research about the service improvement and sustainability of Hospital Play Services
- Degree holder in either discipline of Psychology, Nursing, Child Care, Social Work or Education, with preference given to Nursing and Social Work.
- Relevant experience in working or playing with children is plus
- Experience in serving special needs children is a plus
- Experience in playing music with children is a plus
- Good command of Chinese and English (oral and written)
- Sound interpersonal skills and outgoing character
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Energetic and good social skills with people
- Have experience in organizing mass programs
- Holder of adult first-aid certificate is a plus
- Have passion for serving children and charity sector
- 5-day work week with flexible work hours
- Transportation Allowance
- Medical insurance
- Training opportunities
* Prospective employee is requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check on voluntary basis *
We offer competitive remuneration package that commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are invited to send their applications and full resumes, indicating the interested job post, career history, job references, qualifications, present and expected salary, simply click the below “Apply Now” Button.
All personal data will be used for recruitment purpose only. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed upon completion of the recruitment exercise.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.