As a full-time Host in Retail Team, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guests. You will deliver the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, and product knowledge. You will ensure that our guests are receiving optimal fun by connecting with them in a magical, fun, and safe environment. You will also:
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive, and passionate approach to Guest Service, and
demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity
- Seeks out guest contact and displays enthusiasm and boundless amounts of fun energy
- Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction
opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the
- To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace, including
COVID-19 policies, practices and regulations.
Scope of Job:
Our Hosts are our front line staff that are right at the heart of everything we do - as a Host, your role is to ensure all guests receive the best possible experience during their visit to the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Hong Kong; with particular attention guest experience, ensuring every single one of our guests have the most awesome experience and can’t wait to return!
Our Retail Hosts work in our LEGOLAND Discovery Centre retail store, where our guests can purchase a full selection of LEGO sets and items. Experience of using POS systems and working in a retail store will definitely be beneficial.
To provide high quality, courteous, efficient and helpful service to our guests at all times. To ensure Health & Safety is our number one priority whilst ensuring that our guests have the most memorable experience in our attractions. Responsible to ensure that maximum sales are generated, cash is accurately managed and cleanliness and merchandising are maximised.
- Greeting each and every guest ensuring that all of our guests have an awesome experience
- Promoting Merlin Entertainments policy of quality customer care by ensuring a courteous,
efficient, helpful and entertaining service to all of our guests
- Assisting with regular stock takes
- Providing a playful experience to all guests entering the Retail shop
- Monitoring stock levels within the Retail shop, ensuring all items are correctly displayed
- To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan
- Operate the POS (Point-of-Sale) register system to process both credit and cash transactions
- Ensure the highest standards of accurate and efficient cash handling procedures, check floats,
monitoring staff and customers during transactions
- Experience in a customer service role
- Fun, dynamic, and friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in areas with loud noises and confined spaces
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays
and special events
- Experience in similar roles, and /or experience of customer service a definite plus!
Finally the successful candidate must have the confidence to demonstrate the passion in the product, the people, and fully embody the “Learning FUN" of working at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre!
Kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. This employment will also support the frontline operations functions of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong as required, for purposes such as training and deployment.
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre, the ultimate indoor LEGO playground is an indoor kids attraction is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of Hong Kong, a 4D cinema, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.