The Human Resources Department formulates people strategies to support its business partners to meet their business goals and objectives. The department aims to ensure a fit between the people and the overall strategic direction of the Club.
The job-holder will dual report to Executive Manager, Human Resources (Business Facing) (EMHR (BF)) and Executive Manager, Human Resources (Employee Relations & Business Facing ) (EM, HR (ER&BF)). S/he is the HR Business Facing Partner for the Racing Division. S/he is responsible for providing proactive HR consulting and support services as well as managing a full spectrum of HR activities in the business Division. This includes identifying the divisional needs related to human resources, establishing and implementing appropriate people-related plan and strategies that fulfil the business strategies and support full-time and part-time employees as well as secondees. On top of these areas, s/he is also required to support the dual site operation which include closely liaison with Conghua Racecourse HR and concerned BUs.
- Develops and implements integrated people management solution for both full-time and part-time employees which fulfils the business goals and operation needs;
- Executes HR policies in alignment with the corporate objectives, corporate governance and departmental KPIs;
- Adopts best practices in HR operations for process improvement as well as assists in the development of procedures to accord with new legislation affecting human resources practices.
- Support to develop Racing divisional People Strategy Plans that outline the annual HR focus areas for achieving near and longer term business objectives;
- Partners with the line in IBP, manpower planning for both BAU and SPs, workforce analysis, talent acquisition and critical-position identification.
- Partners with the line to drive manpower planning for dual site operations especially the 10-year manpower planning for the Stables Refurbishment Project. Partner with line to review / drive manpower planning for the International and Racing Regulation Department and also PMO, Racing Department
- Implement a balanced hire & groom strategy to meet the needs of Racing division such via internal deployment and recruitment, effective staff retention, leadership & talent pipeline building and succession planning. Critically review the proposed package to ensure internal equity
Talent Management / Critical Positions / Succession Plan
- Supports the line in growing their young talent pipeline via the corporate MT programme and divisional graduate recruitment;
- Support Club-wide talent review and succession planning and work in partnership with the Racing Divisional Head and Talent Development Team in the initiatives;
- Leverage the HR Centres of Excellence (CoEs) to meet the people needs in the Racing division.
- Provide coaching (as needed) on people related issues, employment-related matters, staff cases & separations, etc., so as to ensure their understanding of common principles in workforce management; labour legislation and employment related regulatory requirements;
- Mentor and develop team members to build healthy succession tier and capabilities.
- Work closely with business line to devise HR action items from the cultural transformation workshop to facilitate the transformation journey and to sustain its change momentum;
- Adhere to performance standards and develop a culture of quality and service excellence; motivate team members to provide high service standards.
- Provide insights about the external people landscape, pulse-check on staff sentiment;
- Act as the second line of defence to monitor and work with Employee Relations Team to mitigate risk related to employee issues.
- Support Stables Refurbishment project and enable manpower needs are met efficiently and effectively in different phrases;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by EM, HR (BF) and EM, HR (ER&BF).
You should have:
- a tertiary qualification ideally in a HR discipline;
- at least 10 years of HR experience working in a sizable or multi-national company;
- a track record of successful implementation of HR initiatives at the corporate level;
- a service-oriented mindset with excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of HR account servicing, functional capabilities, resourcing, compensation & benefit structures, job evaluation, talent review & development, and succession planning;
- Excellent proficiency in written & spoken English, and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua will be an advantage;
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.