- To assist Unit Head in developing and implementing safety procedures and works practices to ensure compliance with fire safety, occupational safety and health (OSH) standard in Fuel & Oil Store, boatyards and workshops;
- To perform daily safety patrols and inspections to ensure that the outsourced contractors in the Fuel & Oil Store have complied with fire safety, and OSH statutory requirements in relation to Dangerous Goods Ordinance, Occupational Safety and Health Ordinance and Factories and Industrial Undertakings (FIU) Ordinance;
- To keep close surveillance over every operation on gasoline and diesel transfer from vessels to conveyance tanks or vice versa in the boatyards and Fuel & Oil Store;
- To ensure the safety in connection to the diesel transfer from contracted oil barges to conveyance tanks or vice versa during replacement of the drenching system;
- To vet applications for “Permits to Work" by checking the readiness of all safety measures necessary for carrying out hot work, entry to confined spaces and other types of permits prior to work commencement, and issue the permits to contractors who are required to carry out jobs with potential risks;
- To conduct spot-check to ensure the safety & OSH measures as stipulated in the “Permits to Work" have been maintained, or assign instantly additional safety & OSH measures on site if risks are identified or foul manners spotted;
- To conduct safety & OSH patrols and inspections on a daily basis to ensure compliance of relevant procedures, safety & OSH guidelines, safety bulletins, etc.;
- To assist the Unit Head in conducting investigations regarding industrial & OSH accidents in Government Dockyard;
- To assist in the promotion and dissemination of safety & OSH awareness and organizing seminars or trainings and recording all safety & OSH information; and
- To assist in the implementation of the Government Fleet Division Environmental Management System.
- 9 months contract, with possibility of renewal
- Work in shift from Monday to Sunday excluding Statutory Holidays with five (5) and six (6) working days in alternate weeks.
- The working hours per day (i.e. hours of work) will be not more than 10.3 hours within the period from 8:12 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The average working hours per week is 48.4 hours per week.
- The actual daily working hours for the Contractor’s employee may be adjusted subject to the operational need
- Working Location: Government dockyard at Stonecutter's Island
- Monthly Salary : HK$44,145
(a) a Registered Safety Officer (RSO) registered in Labour Department with-
a recognized degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Engineering equivalent plus one year experience after RSO registration, preferably in shipyard industry; or
a higher diploma in Occupational Safety Health or Engineering equivalent plus two years experience after RSO registration, preferably in shipyard industry.
(a) a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Mechanical or Marine Engineering from a Hong Kong Polytechnic, Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, technical institute/college, or equivalent; and
(b) 3 years experience in shipyard industry
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please send in your CV stating clearly your academic qualifications, work experience, date available and quote ref no. CT-MRD-0601 to our mailbox : email@example.com or via fax : 2806 8306
All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and be kept in strict confidentiality.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.