CIC cares for staff well-being and offers attractive package including annual leave, medical benefits, training support, 'Alternate 4-day Work-week'.
The applicant must possess
- a higher diploma or above in construction-related disciplines;
- a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in construction sites of different types of construction projects; law enforcement experience will be an advantage;
- good knowledge in construction industry operation and practices in Hong Kong;
- independent thinking and good physical fitness;
- a high level of integrity and a good sense of responsibility;
- good communication and interpersonal skills and be a pleasant team player;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese and proficiency in Microsoft application software; knowledge in Mandarin is preferred; and
- a valid Hong Kong Driving Licence (Class 1) is preferred.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
Report to the Manager - Inspection & Enforcement, the incumbent is expected:
- to enforce the Construction Workers Registration Ordinance Cap.583 (“CWRO"), including site inspection, investigation work and prosecution proceedings;
- to carry out daily construction site inspection and weekend inspection is required from time to time; to conduct compliance check on workers daily attendance records submitted by contractors, take necessary follow-up actions;
- to collect evidence, take witness statements for investigation of non-compliant cases; to serve as prosecution witness in legal proceedings;
- to file summons and act as prosecutor to prosecute offences relating to the CWRO at courts;
- to prepare inspection plans; to consolidate and analyze inspection data and results; to perform analysis on different trade skills, work scope and CWRO requirements;
- to handle enquiries, conduct briefings or trainings relating to the CWRO;
- to keep abreast of the trade skills development, the latest practices in the construction industry and legal requirements; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please click the below “Apply Online" to complete the application form and upload the updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job on or before 5 October 2022.
For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.