The role will directly report to group head of internal auditor. Depending on the profile, this role will
cover audit plans or special projects, leading and coaching junior auditors. The role involves a high
degree of coordination with colleagues in different levels cross all departments of the organization, such
as BU, technology, operations, risk and legal/compliance. It also involves reporting and presentation to
senior management of the organization.
1. Research on the trend, benchmark practice and emerging risks, review and assess from topdown perspective on the whole organization's set up and governance frameworks, challenge
on how they are designed and implemented, with holistic and systematic recommendations to
make a real change
2. Demonstrate a real insight by reviewing the business activities, supporting function unit
operations and process setup; Mitigate operational and business risks by recommending new
policies, periodically review and evaluate effectiveness of implementation
3. Analyze and review risk information to identify key business risks; Engage with stakeholders,
making sure they understand business risks by having open and effective conversations on key
4. Participate in the formulation of annual audit project plan; Carry out audit projects according to
the audit plan, find internal control defects or risk issues, give valuable audit recommendations,
and provide opinions which influence managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way with
regulatory requirements followed
5. Plan and lead special projects, following quality approach of project management, present and
update status to group's senior management
6. Collect the findings of regulatory inspection, internal and external audit, and follow up on the
progress and implementation of rectifications as required.
7. Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders
8. Other audit related work, including delivering high quality audit reports to the Audit Committee;
Taking part in special engagements including regulatory reviews required by SFC
9. Challenge internal management of IA function, propose automation and innovation solutions to
transform the way of working
Skills & experiences required
1. Passionate changer instead of a passive follower, a keen learner and strong selfmotivator
2. Strong understanding of the principles of good framework, governance and risk management
3. Demonstrated experience in leading projects
4. Strong subject matter expertise across a number of key finance business such as investment
banking, global market, private banking or asset management
5. Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and business stakeholders and the ability to challenge effectively
6. Good presentation skills in both writing and speaking; The ability to communicate clearly and
concisely, with good stakeholder management skills and ability to coach/influence juniors
* Risk Management, Project Management, Business Management or Management Consulting for financial institutions; Experience on risk, audit, controls or similar functions, management consulting for financial services from Mckinsey or other firms is highly preferred.
* CFA, FRM, Project Management certificate is a Plus
* Data analysis skills with basic knowledge in Python, PowerBI is a Plus
* Strong knowledge in investment banking and capital markets products
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
A renowned Chinese based international financial institution is hiring an Internal Auditor for their group headquarter office based in Hong Kong. The department is undergoing a transformation and upgrade of IA function in order to play a more critical role as a trusted advisor, by providing independent assessments and advice on the group's Policy & Procedure and Governance framework.