IT Officer in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 499611) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT) related discipline. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also have good knowledge of and relevant experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Moodle learning management system, Panopto lecture capture service
- web and app programming (Swift, Objective-C, Java, Servlet, Python)
- native/hybrid mobile app development across different devices with good understanding of popular mobile IDE tools (Vue, Cordova, React Native, Flutter)
- data integration (REST API, JSON)
- relational databases, big data, nosql databases (ELK, Mongo DB)
- data analytics (especially related to eLearning)
- artificial intelligence (TensorFlow, CNN, RNN, chatbot)
Those with certification in ITIL, PRINCE2 and relevant experience in project management are preferred. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
The appointees will work on the development and support of elearning and other systems, including web/app programming of mobile and web applications, data management, data analytics, and perform other duties of IT Services. Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements (Ref.: 498369 and 499360) need not re-apply.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until March 31, 2020 or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency