IT Officer in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 508537) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related discipline with at least 2 years’ relevant experience. They should have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; good knowledge of IT services and applications; and good organizational and interpersonal skills. They should be self-motivated, attentive to details, and multi-task oriented. Supervisory experience and certification in ITIL and PRINCE2 are advantages.
Applicants should also have good knowledge of and relevant experiences in some of the following areas.
- Linux/Unix/Windows OS, TCP/IP networking and application server/infrastructure;
- LAN/WAN technologies, IP network routing and firewalls;
- infrastructure design, implementation and operation of on-premises and cloud systems;
- maintaining network, system and application infrastructure and security;
- automating daily system management tasks through scripting and/or using tools like Robotic Process Automation; and
- conventional/IP/Cloud Telephony technology being an advantage.
The appointee will be expected to:
- monitor and achieve the availability and capacity management of systems services;
- manage systems services to address users’ requirements;
- support system platforms of business applications through close liaison with application teams/owners;
- take ownership of services to ensure smooth transition in service delivery and operations;
- create and maintain operation procedures and assist in the delivery of training on systems and related services;
- provide support to Service Desk on systems and related services; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Fresh graduates with high calibre and proactive attitude will also be considered.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until November 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency