Major Duties :
The appointee(s) would take up duties in one of the following areas:
(a) System Development
(i) To be responsible for the system design, development and maintenance of web and mobile applications with various tools and technologies;
(ii) To assist in collecting user requirements and transforming into functional requirements and technical specifications; and
(iii) To liaise with and support users for system implementation, bug fixing, user acceptance test, deployment, training and related documentation;
(b) Security Management
(i) To maintain, support and troubleshoot IT security systems, e.g. Firewall, IPS, VPN, Privileged Account and Access Management;
(ii) To manage IT security systems for monitoring and protection of servers, networks and information;
(iii) To assist in implementing security solution, e.g. SIEM, Digital Rights Management, Patch Management;
(iv) To handle security incidents and mitigate security vulnerabilities, e.g. DDoS, APT; and
(v) To maintain information security standards and procedures in compliance with the VTC information security policy and ISO27001;
(c) Infrastructure Management
(i) To oversee and maintain the campus network, IT application systems with servers;
(ii) To provide support on data centre management, operations and monitoring; and
(iii) To manage IT systems and services on Windows / Linux / virtualization platforms.
(a) (i) A recognized degree in IT or equivalent with at least 2 years’ relevant experience; OR
(ii) A recognized higher diploma in IT or equivalent with at least 5 years' relevant experience;
(Applicants with a recognized degree in IT but less experience, or a recognized higher diploma with at least 3 years' relevant experience may also apply.)
(b) For Major Duties in (a), applicants with good knowledge and hands-on experience in any of the following aspects will be an advantage –
(i) Java, preferably including Java Framework (e.g. JSF / Hibernate / Struts / Spring);
(iii) Objective-C, SWIFT and/or Android SDK;
(iv) ASP.NET / C#;
(c) For Major Duties in (c), applicants with good knowledge and hands-on experience in any of the following aspects will be an advantage –
(i) Network administration (Cisco / H3C / Ruckus);
(ii) System administration (MS Windows / Red Hat / CentOS / AIX);
(iii) Database administration (Oracle / MS SQL / MySQL);
(iv) Monitoring (Nagios / SCOM);
(d) Proficiency in English and Chinese; and
(e) Good interpersonal skills, self-initiative and be a good team player.
(1) The post is in the rank of “Officer".
(2) Applicants with less relevant experience and / or qualification may be considered for the post of Assistant IT Specialist, in the rank of “Technician".
(3) Appointees may be required to work irregular hours / outside normal office hours and / or at different work locations on a need basis.
(4) Appointees may be posted to any operational units of the VTC, for example a campus / centre, to carry out similar duties, and have different post titles which are subject to change at the Council’s discretion.
(5) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in the past 3 months need not re-apply as their applications are still under consideration.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify on the envelope or in the subject of the email, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-ITS-“your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-ITS-CHAN Tai Man.pdf"; and
(b) CV-ITS-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-ITS-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of IT Specialist (Ref. No.: C/ITSD/ITS/11/18-AP2)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 17 November 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/ITSD/ITS/11/18-AP2 (CT3118044-01#0104)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Information Technology Services Division