JOB PURPOSE: The post holder will assist managing the laboratories, assist teachers in preparation and setting up the practical lessons for Science subjects, and provide admin support to the Department.
- Provide in class support (eg. Help students during lessons, demonstrate experiments to students, etc)
- Maintain Health and Safety standard in the laboratories.
- Clean and check specific equipment (eg. Fermenter, pH probes, etc) before and after class practical.
- Assist teachers in planning and trying out experiments and set up individual experiment.
- Prepare, construct, operate, keep stores and maintain laboratory apparatus, equipment and inventory to make sure student’s experiment and teacher’s demonstration running smoothly.
- Maintain an accurate equipment records for the Department and perform annual stock take.
- Purchase materials, apparatus, equipment and other inventory according to Procurement procedure.
- Liaise with teachers, Lab Technician I, Lab Attendant and other support staff members.
- To work collaboratively as part of a team that supports lessons from Y7 to Y13.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Lab Technician I and Line Managers.
- Diploma in Science subjects
- Laboratory Technician’s Certificate or equivalents (including Health and Safety)
- First Aid Certificate
- 3 years of relevant experience in working with students from year 7 to 13
- Bilingual in Chinese and English
- Familiar with dataloggers and good ICT Skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High initiative, a positive and engaging personality
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk.
Applicants must possess a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
For enquiries, please contact Brondy Poon at +852 22406763 or [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Job ref no.||CT3119662-01#0177|