Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Lead Development Specialist.
In this role, you will
- Design and engineer software with the customer or user experience as a key objective
- Actively contributes to Technology Engineering Practice by sharing Subject Matter Expertise from their area of specialism, best practice and learnings
- Drives adherence to all standards and policies within their area of Technology Engineering
- Delivery and support of data related infrastructure and architecture to optimize data storage and consumption across the bank, including addressing functional and nonfunctional requirements relevant to data in large applications
- Design and develop applications for internal and external users focusing on the interface and front end usability of the application
- Engineer and implement security measures for the protection of internal and external systems, networks, products and services
- Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency and so on that are applicable
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant controls and standards
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Solid working experience in Technical projects as an IT specialists
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to navigate multiple geographies and functions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different parties and to explain complex or technical issues in the details
- Understanding and interest in emerging technologies and their potential uses
- Experience in identifying and understanding the risks and legal issues presented by the business using new emerging technologies
- Creative thinker with a willingness to suggest new ideas based on own experience, colleagues experience, desktop research and introduce cross industry practices and initiatives to the bank
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities and the ability to lead and influence
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT preferred
- Effective written and oral communication and influencing skills
- Fluent in English speaking languages. Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese language is a plus
- Experience of working in agile environments with cross functional teams
- Interested in taking up new challenges and come up with new innovative solutions towards problems
- Proven experience working with external vendors
- Proven experience delivering projects that requires coordination of multiple cross functional teams
- Comfortable with Mobile native technology such as iOS and Android
- Experience of leading edge innovation cultures such as Amazon
- Exposure to emerging technologies in Cloud and Mobile space is desirable
- Strong technical awareness of DevOps including tooling like Splunk
- As part of Global team the candidate is expected occasionally to participate in meetings and conference calls outside Hong Kong office hours
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000C7E3
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited