Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Lead, Logistics, you will effectively manage and administer operational policies and procedures that support the Managed Expedite team’s objective to ensure the highest possible quality and accuracy for our customers. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. Join us at XPO, and we’ll give you the tools and support you need to excel at your job, while building a career you’ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assess and adjust staffing requirements to maintain the highest possible level of quality service to our customers, while maintaining the lowest possible expenditures of overtime or excess labor expense
- Oversee all supervisory functions, including developing and mentoring supervisors and coordinators; ensure the regular use of metrics and system tools in conjunction with the operational metrics review standards
- Function as liaison between Account Managers and operational staff on all policy and procedure changes or implementations; investigate all significant issues to determine root cause and correction procedure, initiate incident report when necessary
- Coordinate all procedure and document changes, comply with all quality policies and procedures, attend any required quality meetings and ensure that all quality initiatives are adequately communicated to entire operational staff
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and work with operations team and System Engineers to create specifications and implement
- Analyze quantitative information and apply professional judgment to resolve issues
- Maintain departmental budget and ensure compliance to it; actively participate as departmental representative in planning, scheduling, budgeting and policy development and administration
- Work with HR and upper management on any disciplinary issues and institute corrective action; actively participate in the hiring and/or termination process
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of supervisory experience in logistics and/or transportation
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Supply Chain or a related field
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems; produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
Interested candidates, please click Apply Now to apply.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.