Lead Designer needed in Wan Chai Hong Kong for a global digital agency
You’ll get to collaborate with a variety of disciplines, working especially closely with the UX & UI design teams, content and technology teams, to create world-class digital products and campaigns across a variety of channels, for some of the best brands out there.
Responsibilities include the development of creative ideas and approaches, as well as original visual design concepts.
We are looking for a true creator, with proven experience in UX and UI design. You know just how to move audiences and make businesses excel. You can’t wait to wow us with your fresh ideas and clever, well-justified thinking. Independent and self-guided, you perform best in team efforts, are experienced in leading workshops and enjoy presenting your ideas.
We’d like for you to have a strong background in design and an excellent eye for detail. You are able to think big, but aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and execute small. You can also keep designers on track and engaged, inspiring them to exceed expectations. You’re a natural with clients, speaking convincingly because you know exactly what you’re talking about – and just how to get your ideas across.
8+ years of work experience.
As head of our design team a great eye for detail, high quality of design standards, strong leadership skills and team mentality are a must.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the design of our projects and management of our creative team
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and that each meets the clients brief and our level of quality
- Manage a team of web designers, providing mentoring, guidance and training as and when necessary
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director
- Produce design collateral and website mock-ups for use in client pitches
- Work with a team of UX designers to ensure all designs deliver great user experience
- Ensure every design produced, whether it’s a banner or new website template, delivers an effective experience across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Liaise with clients to collect briefs and ensure all work produced meets their standards
- Oversee the design of all our projects
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered mobile design solutions is a requirement for application
- 3+ years of experience successfully leading design projects from concept to delivery to customers
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
- Experience in planning, executing and reporting on usability testing of your design solutions
- Skilled in visual, user-centric, and web-based design with expertise in user-centric design process and execution
- Strong customer advocate and use that to design scalable, effective UX
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Fluency in best practices for mobile information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the mobile devices
- Ability to prototype with industry standard tools or Invision
- The ability to create high quality mockups and style guides
- The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for defining, articulating, and integrating the role of design within an organization
- Experience with creating complex, user-centric websites
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on both work practices and the feasibility of solutions
- Experience with the user-centered design (UCD) process and experience in designing transactional applications
- Solid understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design and strong visual design sensibility
- Proficiency in industry tools, such as: Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agency experience
Nice to haves:
- UX design degrees and courses are a pre
What we offer:
- Great team & cool projects
- Creative office vibe in a well decorated place in the heart of Wan Chai
- Highly qualified and passionate International team of colleagues
-Monthly team activities like; creative sessions, lunches, dinners and drinks
Interested? Please send over your online portfolio and resume, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can!