• Maintain the strategic and day-to-day management of the library
• In association with the teachers, provide a service to the curriculum in order to enhance the quality of the learning experience of the students
• Oversee all school libraries, including the Community Library
• Assist students and teachers with research and assignment writing
• Promoting a love of literature among the students
• Developing and managing the annual Library budget
• Selection & training of staff and volunteer helpers
• Ordering, classifying, cataloguing and overseeing all processes necessary to make stock shelf-ready
• Administering & maintaining the loan system and general good order of Library; stock checks, culling, etc.
• Procurement for major purchases, e.g. Capital replacement, etc
• Maintaining up to date resources - prize-winning work, new publications etc.
• Maintaining mother-tongue reading material for students
• Maintaining resources for staff professional development
• Managing a range of electronic resources and subscriptions
• Supporting English teachers to deliver library-based lessons to students
• Collaborating with Curriculum Leaders and program co-ordinators to use library resources to enhance teaching and learning
• Organising reading competitions including Battle of the Books and Island School Book Week
• Promoting reading to students and staff
• Minimum typical education
• A qualification in librarianship would be an advantage
• Membership of a professional Library organisation e.g. CILIP, ALIA, ALA are essential
• Minimum typical experience
• Relevant library/librarian experience
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 07 Feb 2020
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Job ref no.||CT3119662-01#0175|
Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
Island School Sha Tin Wai
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 studen