You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will welcome your knowledge in North American curriculum and expertise in delivering stimulating and effective lessons. While cultivating a positive learning environment, that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), you will implement a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
This position covers our teacher on maternity leave from February 21 to June 9, 2022.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which values student care, promotes positive relationships, and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons that use inquiry strategies to meet the needs of diverse student learning abilities, with clear objectives and learning outcomes.
- Design and implement formative and summative assessments that provide effective feedback that measures student learning and promotes student growth.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents in a welcoming, open and cooperative manner.
- Work with other faculty members in supporting curriculum review and development through ongoing professional learning communities and collaboration.
- Willingness to engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, chaperoning students in school and after school, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- A bachelor degree in Education or PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university. A degree major in Biology or equivalent will be required.
- 2 years or above relevant experience in classroom teaching to secondary school students. Familiarity with the international school environment and pedagogy following the Next Generation Science Standards are highly preferred.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education and the teaching subject, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Experience in teaching AP Biology with an inquiry based approach is highly preferred.
- Expertise in identifying student abilities and unique learning styles, and providing differentiated instruction and support while utilizing an individual education plan.
- Proven effective classroom and laboratory management experience, with the ability to handle emergency situations with appropriate safety protocols and a calm demeanor, that supports student development and models biblical principles.
- Ability to collaborate positively with faculty, students and parents in all aspects of school life.
- Retired teachers who fulfill the above requirements are also welcome to apply.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. J oin us through submitting an online application with your resume at www.ics.edu.hk .
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.