The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Sales, Distribution and Business Development plays a vital role in understanding and meeting customer needs by offering the right solutions through the right channels to the right customer segments. The team is responsible for implementing distribution strategy, driving the delivery of market leading personal banking customer experiences and thereby maximising customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Mortgage Service Officer / Senior Mortgage Service Officer.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Grow the Bank’s mortgage lending business by supporting the end-to-end mortgage process and application referred by branch and mortgage outreach sales team
- Provide privilege mortgage solutions and services to customer. Identify customer other banking needs such as protection, financial and follow through mortgage application journey
- Communicate closely and timely with frontline on mortgage approval result and counter offer to secure the mortgage drawdown and raise Bank’s mortgage penetration
- Liaise with internal and external department to ensure mortgage documents are in compliance with the Bank’s policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements as well as service standards
- Ensure proper execution of mortgage documents and fulfilment of loan conditions before drawdown
- Establish effective working relationships with different teams within the Branch and build a positive team culture, through ensuring quality business referrals and referral skills among team members
- Collaborate with outreach mortgage sales team during on-site activities and provide instant support to them
- Provide feedback and support of current application and approval process for streamlining opportunities to enhance work efficiency and customer experience in sales journey
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver privilege customer experience and act as fulfilment expertise to handle the mortgage applications
- Collaborate with Branch Managers and team leaders to ensure quality mortgage application, excellent service delivery, uplift application to drawdown conversion rate and minimize number of pending cases
- Consolidate feedback from branch staff and customer on process streamlining so to reduce unnecessary back and forth procedure, simplify workflow and enhance customer experience
- Provide professional mortgage advice to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with other stakeholders – MLU, solicitor, frontline etc. to ensure smooth operations and excellent customer experience delivery
- Meet the standard lead time of each case assigned
Leadership & Teamwork
- Collaborate with various branch streams and outreach sales teams to fulfill customers’ property and financial needs with the Bank and uplift the application to drawdown ratio
- Share best practices among mortgage team, so as to contribute value to team and deliver superb customer service
- Demonstrates professionalism and confidence
- Maintain best place to bank principles through coaching and training
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Keep abreast with present and forthcoming regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and other control guidelines for RBWM
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards
- Continually review work practices to improve productivity, whilst identifying activity that compromises ability to spend time with individuals or your team
- Minimum 3 years’ retail banking experience with at least 2 years’ in mortgage related position
- Knowledgeable in Mortgage products and credit guidelines
- Able to work independently and at the same time can collaborate well with team and staff from frontline and internal department
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Great sense of responsibility and servicing mind-set to ensure efficient and quality customer service processes
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.