Major Duties :
(a) To administrate and develop VTC Library’s information systems and applications including ExLibris Alma Library Automated System, Summon Discovery Service, Library Internet / Intranet servers, Access Management System, VTC eLibrary services, such as VTC examination database, eVideo Portals, EZProxy
(b) To manage and develop Library Homepage and facilitate access to the linked electronic resources;
(c) To design and develop application programs and database systems supporting Library online services;
(d) To compile statistical reports supporting Library planning, collection development and user services;
(e) To participate strongly in planning and implementing Library IT initiatives and in devising policies and procedures for IT provisions in VTC Library; and
(f) To instruct Library staff on new technology and new implementation.
(a) (i) A recognised degree in IT or equivalent with at least 2 years’ relevant work experience; OR
(ii) A higher diploma in IT or equivalent with at least 5 years’ relevant work experience;
(b) Practical knowledge of library automated system, eLibrary systems or similar systems;
(c) Practical knowledge of Java, PHP, MySQL, mobile application development, firewall, VPN, etc.;
(d) Experience in server maintenance of Linux / Unix operating systems;
(e) Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
(f) Good command of English and Chinese.
(1) Appointees may be required to work irregular hours / outside normal office hours and / or at different work locations on a need basis.
(2) Appointees may be posted to any operational units of the VTC, for example a campus / centre, to carry out similar duties, and have different post titles which are subject to change at the Council’s discretion.
(3) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement (ref. no. C/HQAS-CLS/OFF(IT)/06/18-AP2) last month need not re-apply as their applications are still under consideration.
Application Procedures :
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify on the envelope or in the subject of the email, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-OFF-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-OFF-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf"; and
(b) CV-OFF-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-OFF-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Officer (IT) (Ref. No.: C/HQAS-CLS/OFF(IT)/07/18-AP2)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 20 July 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/HQAS-CLS/OFF(IT)/07/18-AP2 (CT3116139-01#0072)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
VTC Headquarters (Academic Services)
Central Library Services