Various Operational Units
(a) To manage a team for providing IT services, support and training on IT hardware / software and teaching & learning related facilities to users;
(b) To liaise with vendors / other divisions on IT projects and to handle procurements and assist tender evaluation of IT related facilities;
(c) To be responsible for the system design, development and maintenance of web and mobile applications;
(d) To assist in the daily administration and support of mission-critical systems;
(e) To review on the effectiveness of controls in the areas of technology and information security; and
(f) To coordinate the procurement and monitor inventory control of consumables and equipment.
(a) (i) A recognized degree in IT or equivalent with at least 2 years’ relevant work experience; OR
(ii) A recognized higher diploma in IT or equivalent with at least 5 years’ relevant work experience;
(c) Proficiency in English and Chinese; and
(d) Good interpersonal skills, self-initiative, ability to work under pressure and be a good team player.
(1) Appointees may be required to work irregular hours / outside normal office hours and / or at different work locations on a need basis.
(2) Appointees may be posted to any operational units of the VTC, for example a campus / centre, to carry out similar duties, and have different post titles which are subject to change at the Council’s discretion.
Application Procedures :
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify on the envelope or in the subject of the email, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-OFF-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-OFF-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf"; and
(b) CV-OFF-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-OFF-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Officer (IT) (Ref. No.: C/VOU/OFF(IT)/1/19-AP2)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 26 January 2019
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/VOU/OFF(IT)/01/19-AP2 (CT3119783-01#0032)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.