The Technological and Higher Education Institute (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input through three faculties - Faculty of Design and Environment, Faculty of Management and Hospitality, and Faculty of Science and Technology. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. At present, seven programmes are in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $40,000 to $70,000 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
The Faculty of Management and Hospitality partners closely with industry to provide intensive internship and project opportunities. Students also actively participate in knowledge exchange activities to develop professional insights.
The appointee shall report to the Dean and engage in conducting tutorials and practical sessions for the Faculty.
The successful candidate should have:
(a) a recognised higher diploma in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management or related fields, or equivalent;
(b) at least 3 years’ teaching experience at tertiary level; and
(c) high proficiency in Chinese and preferably in English and Putonghua.
Candidates with the ability to teach the following subjects will have an advantage:
(a) Chinese Culinary Fundamentals;
(b) Regional Chinese Culinary Arts; and
(c) Southern Chinese Culinary Arts.
(1) Candidates without the required academic qualifications stated above but possess 8 years’ relevant experience may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
(2) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours or shifts and perform duties on Saturdays and Sundays as necessary.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with an application letter and full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-FMH-PT_I(CAM)-"your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1- FMH-PT_I(CAM)-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(b) CV-FMH-PT_I(CAM)-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-FMH-PT_I(CAM)-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Part-time Instructor (Ref. No.: O/THEi-FMH/PT_I(CAM)/05/18)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 21 May 2018
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-FMH/PT_I(CAM)/05/18 (CT3114139-01#0184)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.
Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
Faculty of Management and Hospitality