PHP back-end Developer
Are you an highly experienced, ambitious PHP and WordPress developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more? We are looking for a motivated PHP and WordPress developer to come join our fast-paced, fun and rewarding agile team of professionals.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skill set, then you are the type of person we are looking for!
We are offering superb career growth opportunities, great compensation and benefits.
We are looking to hire a talented PHP developer to manage our back-end services and ensure a seamless interchange of data between the server and our users. As a PHP developer, you will be responsible for developing and coding all server-side logic. You will also be required to maintain the central database and respond to requests from front-end developers.
PHP Developer duties and responsibilities
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms.
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) team.
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale.
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools.
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
- Use test driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality.
- Coordinate with co-developers, UX/UI designers and keeps project managers well informed of the status of development effort and serve as liaison between development staff and project manager.
PHP Developer requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a PHP Developer for 2+ years
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar relevant field
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Laravel/CodeIgniter)
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with code versioning tool; Git
- Experience with building REST API and JSON Web Services
- Agile methodology of web development
- Wordpress Custom Theme experience
- Node.js, Strapi CMS experience
- Plesk, Google Cloud/AWS experience
- Bootstrap, React, Flutter experience
- Apache management
- Agency work experience
Please add your expected salary when applying, your Git and any URL’s of sites you have worked on.
For candidates selected for interviews please bring along samples of websites, e-commerce platforms and apps you have created.
Recent graduates with Laravel or Wordpress experience will also be considered.
If you have previously applied for a position at WECREATE before please feel free to apply again.
Advertising Agency Hong Kong
WECREATE is an allround advertising agency with offices in Amsterdam and Hong Kong. Because of the close connection between our offices, we offer Dutch quality design in Hong Kong.
We specialize in branding, web design, e-commerce solutions and app development. We offer everything to build a strong brand, product or company. How? We develop coherent strategies, design strong logos, make distinctive corporate identities, design pixel perfect websites, build solid e-commerce solutions, contrive user friendly apps, invent catchy packaging, come up with striking brochures & create creative advertisements.