Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to ultra high-net-worth individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley’s premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
This position lies with the Account Management Team (AMT) within the Business Unit, who is responsible for ensuring that account opening documentation and client KYC complies with the firm’s global standards and any additional local regulatory requirements stipulated by Compliance. The ideal candidate would have experience working in Compliance / AML onboarding High Risk clients or has onboarding experience at another top-tier Bank.
The AMT own the front to back process for onboarding clients. The team in HK cover China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand and the client base consists of individual, joint, personal holding companies, PHC owned by Trust as well as an expanding Non-Traditional client base of listed company and subsidiary, operating vehicle, Fund, SPV, Foundation, etc..
The responsibilities will vary upon the experience of the successful candidate:
- Review the documentation pack from Sales which includes the Client Identification Program (CIP) documents, the Account Application forms, Investment - Profile Questionnaires, Tax documents and other documents as required by Compliance.
- Review the Corporate Security report for client background search results, negative News, Source of Wealth (SOW) corroboration and Total Net Worth (TNW) substantiation
- Communicate timely and effectively to Sales on missing documentation, inconsistent information and incorrect data capture in the onboarding tool, obtain sufficient SOW corroboration &/or TNW supporting evidences, details and justifications behind negative/discrepant findings as needed
- Ensure the Client profile and supporting documents provided by Sales are prepared in a clear and organized manner, provide sign-off in the onboarding tool, and submit further to AMT supervisors and other stakeholders for approval
- Flag any concerns to AMT supervisors, escalate issues/exceptions to relevant function units for further discussion, liaise with various stakeholders such as GFC, Compliance, Risk, Credit, Sales/Branch Manager as needed in order to process the account opening
- Engage actively with Sales teams to share KYC and AML related knowledge, with the objective to improve the standard and quality of KYC and client due diligence across PWM.
- Present Client findings in regular Client On-boarding Committee meetings for final approval and answer queries as needed
- Ensure proper documentation retention, monitor any conditional approval and outstanding documentation to be collected within required timeframes, and provide regular update of account opening progress and status to AMT Leads and other stakeholders
- Knowledge on account opening and CIP/KYC documentation for onboarding clients
- Knowledge on SOW corroboration and TNW substantiation review
- Knowledge on account structures of various complexity including PHC, trust, fund, listed company, foundation, etc. is a plus
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good analytical and follow-up skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent education or experience
- 3-6 years plus relevant working experience in the financial services industry, preferably in account onboarding.
- Ideally with previous experiences in client onboarding / AML / Compliance within a private banking in a top-tier bank
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||3165951 (CT3126125-01#0890)|
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia is an integrated business within Institutional Securities. We provide highly personalized, best-in-class investment advice, execution services and wealth management and banking solutions to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families across the region.