The Strategic Procurement is responsible for the management of a wide range of purchasing activities which help to sustain the Club's daily operations and major community development projects.
- Be part of the Hong Kong Strategic Procurement team with primary focus on Mainland projects. Travel to the Mainland will be required to suit business need. There may also be job rotation to Hong Kong projects.
- Implement governance control, drive efficient and effective procurement within the responsible Capex works whilst satisfying the diversified business requirements across the Club
- Manage sourcing and competitive tendering process to ensure opportunities for innovation are fully evaluated and, where appropriate, introduced or implemented in the Club
- Develop sourcing strategies and identify new market trends to expand/consolidate current supply base to support future needs
- Aware of the market conditions, advise and support business users to review and analyze their procurement needs while developing procurement and contracting strategies for acquiring necessary construction works, goods and services on a category basis
- Lead cross departmental tenders and procurement projects and ensure all related procurement activities are in compliance with the Club’s policy
- Build strong supplier relationships and manage the overall quotation, tender process and documentation for major construction works, fit out works, A&A works and commodity purchases
- Build an engaging and trusted relationship with key stakeholders, drive regular review meetings to align expectations.
- Application of the Club’s standardizing procurement process across projects to ensure operational efficiency and consistency and comply with internal governance and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement for the procurement function through analysis, market benchmarking and sharing of best practices
You should have:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (QS) or other related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of solid QS experience in property/building management and/or construction / fit out environment either with Consultant and/or Developer and/or similar sizable organization. PRC project experiences is a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in MHKIS or MRICS
- Experience in managing tender process and preparation of tender documents
- Familiar with contract terms & conditions
- Proactive, results focused & self-confident with good business acumen
- Strong analytical, communication, and project manage skills
- Solid experience in construction procurement will be an advantage
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese, fluent in Mandarin is a plus.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong