The Strategic Procurement Department is focused on delivering effective business solutions through a strategic management approach of our costs, our supplier base and the continuous improvement of our administrative initiatives.
This role is to support the execution of procurement and category strategies of all IT related capital and operational expenditure, which enable the Club to engage with the supply market in a manner which secures the desired suppliers at the optimum price, whilst delivering excellent performance for the Club throughout the cycle.
- Conduct sourcing and competitive tendering process to ensure opportunities for innovation are fully evaluated and, where appropriate, introduced or implemented in the Club
- Lead cross departmental tenders and procurement projects and ensure all related procurement activities are in compliance with the Club’s policy
- Manage global strategic sourcing and obtain the best option for the Club in all aspects of IT hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, consultancy and enterprise solutions
- Build strong supplier relationships and handle commercial and contract negotiations
- Identify the process gap among various categories such as IT, F&B, Racing, and Constructions while standardizing procurement process to ensure operational efficiency and consistency
- Drive continuous improvement for the procurement function through analysis, market benchmarking and sharing of best practices
- Support in the maintenance and update of the Club’s Procurement Policy and Procedures
You should have:
- Degree in Information Technology, Procurement, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- Professional qualifications of CIPS and/or CPSM will be an advantage
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Sound knowledge on category management in one or more categories including information and communication technologies, facilities management, corporate services & marketing
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Good project management skills
- Experience in developing business process and procedures
- Ability to identify user requirements and lead change programme
- Good command of English and Chinese
For candidate with less experience, he/she will be considered for the role of Assistant Procurement Manager.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong