US importer & buying office of seasonal and christmas items like ornaments, tabletop decoration, wall decoration & related holiday decoration etc focus in US market mainly US retailers like Walmart, Lowes etc – we are looking for a PRODUCT DESIGNER to work in the Product Development Department – with details as follows :
- Design studies with over 2 years product design experience
- Experience or interest in seasonal and Christmas items is a plus
- Must be strong both creatively and artistically.
- Must possess both technical and practical design skills.
- The ability to deliver innovation in design, product format and function.
- Have an aptitude and awareness of style trends in holiday, home décor, and pop culture.
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in digital rendering utilizing Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop; An advantage if proficient in 3D CAD software such as Solidworks
- Solid hand drawing skills.
- Must be able to present ideas to internal team members as well as customers.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese/Mandarin.
- Experience in US companies/US retailer market is a plus
- The Product Designer is a member of the Product Development Department
- Responsible for creating trend-right and customer-focused seasonal / holiday products. Some of the types of products designed are ornaments, tabletop/wall décor, stockings and related holiday decorations.
- This role provides opportunities to invoke creative products through innovation and trends but also requires an ability to shift into providing specific output as directed by the customer.
- Maintain an awareness of current market trends in holiday product as well as home decor and incorporate this knowledge into successful new designs.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to understand and address requirements for customers, pricing, construction processes and materials.
- Engage in ongoing research and development of new inspiration and ideas utilizing relevant new finishes, colors, materials and new lighting technology.
- Develop a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Conceptualize by applying creativity and originality in both group and individual brainstorming/sketching sessions to generate new ideas.
- Execute final art for presentation to the buyers and prepare art with necessary specifications of color, material, scale & function for construction by factory vendors.
- Reviewing and revising the design of factory samples to conform to specifications and cost
We provide free job hunting services to job seekers.
Please attach your CV with salary expected to
[via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ]
Please do NOT email your portfolio to us.
To speed up our process, please do NOT send us download links.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Your privacy is guaranteed. We will never give out, lease, or sell your personal information.
JPC Recruiting Services was established in 1990.