Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities:
T o be successful in this role you will need:
- The primary focus of this role is to build up a credible Home base in HK, PRC and offshore area. Close working hand in hand with the Melbourne Home teams
- Improving our cost base through negotiating with suppliers and vendors
- Making MSAL in price competitive position
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in Home products and what is coming out of the factories and mills – update the buyers and put plans in place – drive new and exciting trends into the Myer business
- Work with Melbourne buyers and add value into this relationship
- Improve the overall Home offer and increase sales of Home
To be successful for this role you will need to have excellent communication skills and strong leadership. Your stakeholder management will be the key to your success in this role.
- 10 + years sourcing experience with Home is essential
- Strong technical knowledge on sourcing and design background
- Understand the opening cost of products and ensure the products and within target once provided by buyers
- Comprehensive experience with retail business and strong communication skills with buyers and suppliers
- Demonstrated understanding of suppliers and knowledge of production process
- Strong capabilities to build up ranges based on buyer’s need
- Flexibilities to adapt changes with buyer’s / Market’s requirements
- Liaise with factories for product ranges development
- Computer Aid Skills
- Coaching ability, strong leadership skills and excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build up Trend Forecasts and sell ideas to the Development Teams
- Ability to work with vendors/suppliers and determining the best base home for Myer to use
- Identify in factories new trends and tends that are commercial for the Australian market
- As a specialist this role builds support for the Buyers and adds input into building ranges
- Attend to detail and can work independently
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- Willingness to travel when required & as necessary
- A confident and proactive work ethic
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Degree/Tertiary Qualification in Design is essential
In return Myer offers a competitive remuneration package, training and development and a rewarding career!
To apply for this position email your resume by clicking "Apply Now"
Enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.