Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
The Technological and Higher Education Institute (THEi) Hong Kong, offers innovative degree programmes that are professionally oriented and developed with significant industry input. THEi has a focus on preparing work ready graduates and enjoys strong graduate employment rates and endorsements from industry and employers.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated academic and/or industry professional with expertise in the digital industries. The role would ideally suit an ICT and/or Multimedia Design and Technology academic/professional with teaching experience, strong industry networks and clear vision of how these respective fields are evolving to contribute to and shape the further development of THEi programmes and digital transformation initiatives.
The successful appointee is expected to provide academic leadership through contributing to the planning, development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies for the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in ICT and/or Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation programmes and supporting THEi digital project initiatives. To be considered for this exciting opportunity you should have experience in: programme design, development and review; tertiary teaching including the supervision of student project work; scholarly and applied research activities; and evidence of the ability to proactively collaborate with industry, professional bodies, and other educational institutes to achieve outcomes.
The successful candidate should normally have a doctoral degree in a relevant discipline, be of good professional standing with strong industry networks and achievements in professional practice. Strong leadership, management, organizational and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work collaboratively with staff and students to achieve strong outcomes. A high level of proficiency in English is required and preferably also in Chinese, including Putonghua.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on fractional, short term or part-time employment.
(2) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays.
(3) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(4) Candidates who have responded to the previous advertisements in the last 6 months need not apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Digital Industries and Innovation) (Ref. No.: [O/THEi-FDE/PROFESSORIAL(DII)/02/19)" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-FDE- PROFESSORIAL(DII)-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-FDE- PROFESSORIAL(DII)]- applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Closing date for application: 1 March 2019
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-FDE/PROFESSORIAL(DII)/02/19 (CT3119783-01#0094)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.