SCAD has been named among the world’s top animation schools and among the “Ivy League of Animation" by 3D World magazine. You have the opportunity to join the team that makes this happen as a full-time professor in the animation department at SCAD Savannah.
As a professor of animation, you will develop and extend students’ awareness of story, design, audience and collaboration in production. Therefore, a keen understanding of commercial or independent filmmaking would be a major asset to the position. Apply your industry experience and expert technical proficiency in the classroom teaching a unique curriculum that explores animation styles ranging from stop-motion to 3-D animation and includes digital modeling, rigging, lighting and look development.
From skyscrapers to sacred temples, white-sand beaches to mountain views, Hong Kong’s creative scene spreads across the region. Providing the perfect backdrop for teaching and learning, the vibrant island city of Hong Kong thrives as a global capital of entertainment, digital media, fashion and design.
• Terminal degree or its equivalent in animation or a related field
• Strong portfolio of work that reflects a high degree of knowledge in animation
• Strong understanding of gesture drawing for animation
• Strong understanding of the animation production pipeline
• Experience with 3-D animation
• Ability to demonstrate, by providing an online demo reel, expertise in character animation (multiple mediums preferred: 2-D, 3-D, stop-motion, hybrid)
• College-level teaching experience, proven leadership skills and ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds preferred
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions:
For more information on SCAD Hong Kong, visit SCAD.edu.
|Job ref no.||CT3118099-01#0075|
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers, is the recognized leader in defining art and design education.
We're looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to continue the legacy of preparing talented students for creative careers and developing the next generation of leaders in art and design.
Our diverse and talented faculty and staff thrive in a vibrant and entrepreneurial workplace that embraces innovation, creativity and collaboration.