The WYCCAA is seeking a bright, self-motivated and highly-organised Projects and Operations Manager to devise, plan and execute the Association’s ambitious international projects, with an emphasis on our 2019 World Youth & Children’s Choir Festival and World Choral Conducting Competition.
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning non-profit organisation at an exciting time of its development. You will be a talented team player in a young and dynamic office, working closely with the Artistic Director and the Organising Committee to lead the logistical production of our high-quality festivals.
Above all you will be enthusiastic about what we do and be a can-do collaborator, working both autonomously and collaboratively to deliver the following objectives.
- Overseeing and preparing the logistical arrangements of our projects (i.e. accommodation, meals, transportation etc.)
- Managing the budgets of the projects
- Producing and updating detailed schedules for all participating personnel and ensuring they have all the required information to fulfil their commitments during our projects
- Liaising with relevant parties to collate materials for the production of schedules and publicity materials
- Recruiting part-time workers and volunteers for our projects
- Delegating tasks and leading them in the production of our projects
- Creating a positive work environment and maintaining relationships with them so that they feel inclined to go the extra mile for us
Press, Marketing and Public Relations
- Providing support in the preparation of promotional & publicity materials
- Providing administrative support to festival ticketing & other tasks
- Providing secretarial support to the Artistic Director
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties when needed
- 3+ years of experience in managing large-scale events
- A bright and pleasant disposition
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills – capable of prioritising a heavy workload, meeting tight deadlines, analysing complicated issues and, above all, thriving under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Mature and Solid interpersonal and negotiation skills
- First class written and verbal English and Chinese skills (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Proven desire and ability to work effectively as part of a small collaborative team as well as a large volunteer team
- High level of proficiency in manipulating MS Office
- Holder of the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certificate
- Ability to read music and possess some classical / choral music knowledge
- Knowledge in AI / Photoshop
- Foreign languages
- A degree in events management or other relevant subjects
(Applicants who have not received a response within 2 months should assume the application has not been successful.)
- end -
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3118200-01#7789|
The WYCCAA – Connecting the World’s Choral Lovers and Professionals.
Hong Kong Treble Choirs’ Association — 香港童聲合唱協會
Hong Kong Treble Choir — 香港童聲合唱團
Musica Connection — 美樂牽
Building upon the more-than-20-year success of Hong Kong Treble Choirs’ Association and support from all over the world, World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association (WYCCAA) was founded by the renowned choral expert and conductor, Prof. Leon Shiu-wai TONG, in 2015. WYCCAA is an international non-profit organization based in Hong Kong, supported by international maestros and advisors from 5 continents.
Experienced in hosting the flagship, premium and educational choir festivals, WYCCAA is committed to connecting the world through music. The goal is to build a platform for every choral music lover and professional to exchange music and ideas, and to celebrate peace and cultural diversity. Aside from choir festivals, WYCCAA regularly invites choral maestros to host charity workshops for choir conductors and teachers to enhance their conducting skills and techniques.