Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Proposition Development and Implementation Manager.
In this role, you will
- Deliver the governance of the Products department in order to ensure a proper management of the implementation of the product strategy with products ranging from Universal Life, With profit, Investment Linked Assurance Schemes, General Insurance and Protection products.
- Set and execute the governance in support of the Product Teams to ensure delivery of the plan in terms of new product launch in a controlled manner.
- Conduct customer, market and competitive study, focus groups and business analysis of customer portfolio and product analytics to provide market insights, trends and develop compelling value proposition and business initiatives
- Develop and maintain High Net Worth Management Information with Portfolio Analysis and Management and related business performance tracking reports, management meeting or committee papers and presentations as required
- Perform new product initiatives including identifying stakeholders and ensuring appropriate engagement, guiding scope and delivery approach, business requirement formulation, facilitate business decision, resolving business and project issues, and driving core deliverables with appropriate governance.
- Implement existing product enhancement projects to enhance new business customer acquisition, retention and unleashed potential business volume with proper quality control, measures and change management
- Support new and existing regulatory and group guideline project in relation to product proposition implementation
- Work closely with all key stakeholders from Group and Local Office and related team to ensure proper product initiatives delivery across all channels, including Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Private Banks, and Brokers
- Work closely with Project Managers and Product Heads of respective business growth initiatives in relation to product to ensure proper alignment in terms of consistency, time, quality and resource
- Manage Complaints when dealing with product related actions
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree Holder in Business discipline
- Strong experience in financial services, particularly insurance or wealth management products, including Universal Life, Investment Linked Assurance Schemes, Participating, Protection, and General Insurance products, retailing to different segment of customers via multiple distribution channels
- Proven analytical, planning and strategic management experience within a product, marketing and strategy function or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing support to diversified team with multiple objectives
- Strong leadership skills coupled with a high and demanding benchmark
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, with excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to influence, engage and lead in a positive and inspiring manner
- Ability to build long-term relationships and manage all levels of stakeholders
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00008HKG
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited