PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Commis I, you’ll work to be responsible for preparation of food in kitchen and maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene.
Your success: To prepare consistently high qualitied dishes and ensure an excellent dining experience for our guests.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Location: Above MTR Station, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location.
- Appreciation: An appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Wellness: An environment that treasure your well-being & lifestyles.
- Development: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar capacity. Candidates with more experience will be considered as Demi Chef de Partie.
- Education: Form 3 or above, completed professional catering training course.
- Skills: Good Food and Beverage knowledge. Outstanding technical cooking skills. Team player with good communication skills.
- Personality: Creative, presentable and self-motivated with a fun and positive personality.
- Extra Awesome: Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and management demands. Able to cope with pressure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Follow instructions in preparation and handling of food in the kitchen
- Ensure hygiene standards are kept to the highest standards at all times
- Work closely with team members to ensure the cleanliness of kitchen area as well as equipment and utensils
- Maintain all food storage spaces tidy and clean and ensure proper use of equipment at all times
- Report any problems, failures of machines or small equipment