At UL, we know why we come to work:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Performs variety of quality assurance engineering functions including development, implementation, support, and continuous improvement of ULs quality system. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure compliance with all quality systems. Serves as the technical leader for measurement techniques, root cause analysis, corrective action, preventive action and process control. Adheres to all quality standards and procedural guidelines as set forth by the corporation. Responsibly implements corporate policies, as well as corporate quality initiatives and plans.
- Development, implementation, and support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing support for internal and accreditation audits including development of audit plans, training of auditors, analysis of audit results, and monitoring corrective and preventative actions to promote global consistency, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring policy and procedures for new or existing services meet accreditation and business requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality systems to meet and/or exceed quality standard requirements (i.e., ISO 9001, Lean Sigma, etc). Ensures processes and procedures meet the full requirements of the quality standards as defined by UL’s quality system.
- Collaborating with Process Excellence leadership, CPO, Operations and Customer and Business Transformation on variety of initiatives aimed at compliance and continuously improving systems and processes.
- Analyzes quality data to support improvement efforts. Facilitates root cause analysis and corrective action for quality issues. Recommends and implements system improvements.
- Interfaces with management and department heads in a team effort to resolve issues at all levels of the organization.
- Communicates with all levels to ensure consistency and integrity of UL’s quality systems.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
What makes you a great fit:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards :
- Competitive remuneration package
- Friendly environment and collaborative colleagues
- Casual dress code
- Training and Development (provided by Talent & ULU)
- University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related technical field plus generally eight years of experience in engineering quality some of which includes direct management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in quality methodologies, statistical thinking, data systems, and statistical process control.
- Detailed knowledge of the ISO series of standards (e.g., ISO 9001, 10725, 17065, 17020).
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership/capabilities in project management, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex, and technical projects.
- Demonstrated analytical ability sufficient to evaluate potential causes or results of reported problems/issues and determine appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix environment.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our company page www.UL.com
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.