Our client is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions. Due to business expansion, they are seeking high caliber candidates to join their R&D Team, providing innovative plating solution to fulfill the rapidly advancing technology needs for electronic devices. The R&D Team required lots of diversified & non-standardized works, including conducting lab test, collecting data & preliminary analysis.
* eligible to work in HK, Cantonese required
* 1-Year Contractor role with full benefits
* Fanling location - shuttle provided in Choi Hung at 8.15am (5 days 9am to 5.30pm)
Position 1. Research Assistant (Lab Execution Team)
• Perform plating test on sample substrates
• Operate analytical instrument, e.g. Auto-titrator, UV-Vis, ICP-OES, metallurgical microscope
• Record experimental data, generate test result and maintain database
• Assist in new method development for assessing plating quality
• Actively participate in Safety, health & environment program to ensure a high standard of workplace safety.
• Major in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or any other science & engineering disciplines (Higher Diploma holder with related experience acceptable too)
• 0 – 1 year of working experience in lab / intern
• Proficient in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word). Experience with image analysis and software such as ImageJ, Python will be an advantage.
• Good interpersonal & communication skills, attentive to details and good team player.
Position 2. Research Assistant (HK Shared Lab)
Job description for research assistant (HK Shared Lab)
Conduct chemical experiments, including, but not limited to, data analysis and writing reports on findings.
Perform calibration and maintenance of instruments and lab facilities.
Perform new method developments
Review data generated from instruments
Intepret analytical results and reports on chemical analysis
Support instrument purchasing projects
Work with other researchers to support product development and processes.
Actively participate in EH&S programs to ensure high standard of safety.
Major in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or any other science & engineering disciplines (Higher Diploma holder with related experience acceptable too)
Preferrably with 1 year of experience in doing chemical experiments, sample reaction, sample preparation and instrumentation
Strong interest in analytical chemistry and instrumentation, with at least 1 year of experience in instrumental operations in the field of analytical chemistry, including, but not limited to, ICP, AAS, HPLC, GPC, UV-VIS, FTIR, Molecular Device, Auto-titrator, XRF, XPS, SEM-EDS etc
Strong critical thinking to review experimental data and relate analytical results to reactions/ processes.
Observant and vigilant on experimental observations and meticulous about recording experimental findings.
Willing to work actively as a flexible, loyal, independent and responsible researcher.
Willing to acquire new scientific knowledge outside the original educational background.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent team player and good command of English and Chinese.
Position 3. Research Assistant (Electronic and Industrial Finish)
- Conduct lab experiments to support new product development.
- Assist engineers to support new product/process scale-up and the customer on-site evaluation.
- Record experimental data, generate test result and maintain database.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment & facilities.
- Maintain inventory in lab to ensure smooth operation
- Actively participate in EHS program to ensure a high standard of safety.
-Major in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or any other science & engineering disciplines (Higher Diploma holder with related experience acceptable too)
- Intern or working experience in commercial lab or hands-on experience in executing lab experiments
- Have potential & passion in research work, self-motivated, strong practical ability of lab test, smart or enough thinking capability
- Experience in chemistry-related work or any electroplating related industry is definitely an advantage
- Capable of working independence and under pressure
- Hard working and good team player, growth mindset and fast learning
- Computer knowledge, basic oral and written communication skills in English & Chinese
- Willing to travel for oversea training and customer support
All information submitted are for recruitment purpose only.