Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Regional Data Steward.
In this role, you will
- Provide data consultancy to senior commercial bank stakeholders and project teams, to resolve or provide recommendations for resolution of data issues
- Work with information Technology stakeholders to assess the system implications of executing data policies and standards, and develop plans for adoption of standards
- Execute Commercial Banking data policies and standards by working collaboratively with business and Information Technology stakeholders
- Build trusting relationship with stakeholders by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs
- Stakeholders include Segment, Product, Compliance, Finance Risk, and Information Technology
- Communicate a clear vision for Business Analytics that is aligned to the overall banks vision, values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer centered culture
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes and procedures
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Commercial Banking Data Quality programme and benefit realization
- Provide oversight and direction of the overall programme scope, plan and budget
- Chair DQ Programme Working Group meetings to ensure effective communication flow and synergies identification across all work streams
- Provide overall direction for the programme and guidance for the programme level solution design and operating model
- Manage, review and sign off programme approach, business case and budget
- Manage senior stakeholder relationships required for the successful delivery of Commercial Banking Data Quality programme
- Manage key programme decisions after consulting with key stakeholders
- Review programme risk, issues and approve risk mitigation measure when required
- Review and approve programme artefacts or programme documents where required, for example Programme Closure Certificate
- Responsible to liaise with the Country Chief Operating Offices to prepare the Skilled Person Visit Data Story Board
- Responsible to manage the Data Quality Operational and execution Plan
- Work in close partnership with Financial Crime Risk Chief Data Office and Country teams to improve data quality for Transaction Monitoring and Sanction Name Screening
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Banking experience with good knowledge of investment banking global markets and commercial banking
- Significant experience in data management or governance role, with good awareness of industry data standards for example ISO, NACE
- Significant experience with market data providers, vendor data evaluation and usage with a focus on Data Standards
- Good working knowledge of data matching tools and the utilization of standards as part of quality assurance
- Experienced with Entity and Account data management, particularly around static counterparty data, legal hierarchies and other party to party relationships
- Experienced in leading large scale data remediation and integration in a Financial Services environment driven by the need to standardize data assets
- Experienced in writing business documents, legal or compliance background preferred
- Excellent business communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and client oriented
- Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, but is also a good team player
- Ability to work across geographically dispersed teams and offshore resources in a matrix environment
- High degree of personal integrity
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000C7CH
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited