Department of Civil Engineering
[Expected start date: 2 Jan 2019, for 24 months]
Optimal Use of Internet of Things (IoT) Technology to Prevent Failure (Collapse) of Temporary Support System in Construction
• Assist the development of a system adopting Internet of Things (IoT) technology in monitoring the performance of temporary support structures;
• Assist the development of numerical modelling skills to evaluate the structural performance of falsework systems in building demolition and construction work;
• Carry out site tests in real-life conditions for the validation of the developed technology; and
• Carry out research and development work related to application of IoT technology in civil engineering and construction.
• Graduate with a recognized first-degree or a higher degree in civil engineering or related disciplines from a local or overseas university;
• Good modelling & simulation skills and familiar with at least two of the following software: SAFE, ETABS, SAP2000, PLAXIS, Autocad, Revit, Solidworks, Matlab, etc.;
• Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and
• Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills.
Applicants are invited to send their detailed curriculum vitae including current and expected salary, and direct any enquiries to the Human Resources Office, Chu Hai College of Higher Education, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, N.T., Hong Kong [Fax: (852) 2972 7214; E-mail: [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ]], quoting the position being applied for and the reference number.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidature may be obtained by nominations. The College reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation or not to fill this post.
|Job ref no.||CIV/RA/CT (CT3118870-01#0012)|
Chu Hai College of Higher Education, Hong Kong
The College is established and registered as an Approved Post Secondary College under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap 320). It has provided 70 years of quality education and excellence to the Hong Kong community and remains committed to enhancing the educational opportunities for young people in Hong Kong.