The appointee is responsible for the following duties:
1. To conduct research studies on STEAM curricula;
2. To develop research instruments for evaluation of STEAM education; and
3. To prepare learning notes and research related reports on STEAM education.
Applicants are required to possess the following:
1. A doctorate or master’s degree holder with a track record of research and publications (Preference will be given to those who are familiar with social science research methods.);
2. Good knowledge of a broad range of research methods and techniques;
3. Very good command of English and Chinese;
4. Good organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills; and
5. Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. Fringe benefits will include annual leave, medical & dental benefits and gratuity, where applicable.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System. https://ouhk.taleo.net/careersection/ex_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=18001PS
Deadline: 25 November 2018
|Job ref no.||18001PS (CT3117935-01#0041)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
The University is undertaking a project funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. The project is to establish an open resources STEAM centre and provide relevant support to secondary schools to implement STEAM education.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following post in the School of Science & Technology: