TCL Research is seeking a Research Scientist to join our AI Research Lab to work on innovative research problems in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be experienced in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, applied mathematics and computational statistics, particularly including areas such as computer vision, video understanding, natural language processing, graph learning, reinforcement learning, content understanding, etc. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in making significant progress to advance the frontier of AI research as well as transferring such new technologies in real applications.
• Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones.
• Lead and contribute to research with other collaborators that can be applied to TCL product development.
• Contribute to relevant research communities by producing publications and open-sourcing code.
• Identify productionalization opportunities and prototype cutting-edge technologies for in-house use cases.
• Ph.D. degree and publications in computer science/math/statistics/EE or other quantitative fields.
• Research experience in a university, industry, or government lab(s), in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
• Experience in theoretical and empirical research and in addressing research problems
• Ability to generate new ideas and innovate in an academic research setting.
• Knowledge of at least one programming language.
• Possession of a curious and self-motivated attitude.
• Publications in top tier conferences is a strong plus.
• Experience in Kaggle competitions is a strong plus.
|Job ref no.||CT3130529-01#1572|