Mediplacements are looking for a Respiratory Physiologist with experience in setting full lung and sleep studies and the management of these patients/equipment following the conclusion of the study e.g. downloading and reporting on the sleep study, cleaning and re-setting of the equipment.
This position is based in an Buckinghamshire Hospital.
Mon - Fri 37.5 hours per week ( 08:30 - 16:30) plus some weekend cover as agreed with departmentNeeds to be able to score sleep studies (semi-polysomnography) Lung Function Experience is an essential
The suitable person needs to be fully independent performing and reporting Lung Function Tests and preferably have Sleep experience as well (multichannel sleep studies, overnight oximetry and CPAP clinics).
Within the Department we have the following:
- Full Lung Function Tests, including Spirometry, Gas Transfer, Lung Volumes and Bronchodilator Reversibility (Nspire HD PFT with Plethysmograph equipment)
- Respiratory Polygraphy (Multichannel Sleep Study) set up and analysis (SMed Somno equipment and Domino analysis software)
- Overnight oximetry setup and download (Nonin WristOx2 equipment with nVision software)
- Overnight Transcutaneous PCO2 monitoring (Sentec equipment with V-Stats software)
- CPAP setups and follow-up clinics, both face to face and telephone (using Philips DreamStation Auto CPAP and Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP machines)
To be successful for this role, you must be a fully qualified Physiologist with a minimum of 12 months recent experience within a UK based hospital.
Brief Job Description:Perform lung function procedures including FVL, TLCO and Body Plethysmography.
To perform sleep reviews for patients using CPAP treatment.
Duties will include:
Full lung function tests
Full Sleep studies
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact our dedicated recruitment consultants without delay on 0345 230 6666 or email [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now
] to apply.
There are many benefits with working as a Mediplacements locum, these include:
Market leading pay rates
Our new TPG incentives scheme; giving you access to thousands of online and in store discounts
Manual handing training, on-line training and life support course costs covered
DBS costs covered
24 hour service from our friendly consultants
Assistance with travel and accommodation
Weekly pay - on time, every time
Nationwide job opportunities