We are looking for a candidate at the Analyst level to join our risk management team as a junior risk manager, reporting to the local team head. The role is within a small team covering market risk for Asia Pacific based in Hong Kong. Prior risk management experience is not required for this role, but the ideal candidate should have the ability and desire to learn about financial markets, have strong common sense, and be able to think critically. The risk manager will work closely with senior risk managers and connect with other groups within the Firm.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identifying, assessing and monitoring risks related to the Firm?s trading activities with initial focus on equity related products.
- Supporting senior risk managers on a variety of tasks, which include, but not limited to, deal approvals, risk analysis, limit setting, and providing risk transparency.
- Connecting with trading desks, risk management colleagues, and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
- Conduct various risks analyses and support senior risk managers in creating presentations for senior management.
- Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background with a University degree. A degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering, or a higher level degree or other qualifications would also be looked at favorably.
- Strong ability to think critically and desire to learn.
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and equity products is a plus.
- Proactive with the ability to work as part of a close-knit team as well as independently.
- Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel is required; VBA or other programming skills as well as a working knowledge of databases and SQL is advantageous.
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Market Risk Department (MRD) in Hong Kong provides oversight of the Firm's trading activities, serving as a second line of defense. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight and monitoring of the Firm's overall trading businesses, risk limit setting, risk and stress loss assessments, and management and regulatory reporting.