The appointee will be responsible for providing services in safety and security to facilitate the operational activities of user departments, and to oversee the performance of security contractors. Job duties include but not limited to:
• Conduct regular inspections to ensure that operational activities are carried out in accordance with the required safety standard
• Assist superior and/or user departments to conduct risk assessments and to recommend necessary measures to reduce risks
• Deliver safety training course
• Conduct accident investigations, compile investigation reports promptly and recommend improvement actions as appropriate
• Prepare accident statistics / summaries related to safety and security
• Advise management and user departments (e.g. operations and engineering on matters related to safety and security
• Assist Assistant Manager - Safety & Security in organizing safety promotions, campaigns, etc
• Supervise the security contractors on a shift-to-shift basis and ensure that they perform their duties in accordance with the Company’s standard and requirements
• Liaise with government officers and user departments on matters related to safety and security
• Take up duties and projects relevant to the job as assigned by superior
• Post-secondary education with 4 years’ relevant working experience, preferably gained in the container terminal industry
• Registered Safety Officer
• Holder of valid Hong Kong Driving licence (Classes 1 & 2)
• Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese; communicative in Putonghua
• Shift duties (range from 08:00 to 23:30 and occasional overnight shift) and outdoor work are required
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of project management
• Fresh Graduate is welcome
Candidate with less experience or lower qualification will be considered as Assistant Safety & Security Officer
Please apply through our Career Centre at https://www.hit.com.hk/en/Career-With-Us/Career-Oppotunities/Safety-Security-Officer.html. You may also apply the job by sending your full resume with current and expected salary to Human Resources Manager, Terminal 4, Container Port Road South, Kwai Chung.
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.hit.com.hk/ .
Please read the Personal Information Collection Statement before submitting your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used only for consideration of application for relevant/similar positions within the Hutchison Group of Companies. Applicants not invited for interview in 6 weeks after job posting may consider their application unsuccessful and your personal data will be destroyed after a period of 6 months.
|Job ref no.||HIT/SS/CT0709|
|Require to Travel||
|Qualifications or Licenses||
Hongkong International Terminals Limited (HIT) is one of the leading container terminals in Hong Kong. With a strong emphasis on productivity and efficiency, HIT is committed to the development and implementation of forward-looking, service-enhancing technology.
HIT is a member of HPH Trust, the world’s first container port business trust listed in Singapore. HIT is also a part of Hutchison Ports’ global network of port and logistics operations, and continues to have access to services and resources enjoyed by companies within the Hutchison Ports Group.
Hutchison Ports is the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). Hutchison Ports is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator.