• assist Executive Manager to manage the development and management of relationships with the Public Security Bureau (PSB) as well as other mainland China government law enforcement and security organisations to ensure that the Club has established effective relationship with Guangdong Provincial, Beijing City PSB management and national Public Security Ministry at management level to coordinating HKJC Corporate Security with security operations in mainland China.
• ensure that PSB management are regularly briefed and informed regarding any criminality that the Club detects in mainland China and all available assistance is provided to the PSB
• conduct and maintain a stakeholder mapping document to ensure an update PSB structures of the key post holders at various levels (from town, city, provincial to national) and an effective engagement to support the Club operations at Beijing and Guangzhou.
• assist Executive Manager in compiling information and regular reports to Management and other committees to have an understanding of the views of the PSB in China.
• conduct research and monitor criminal legislation in China and report to Executive Manager of any impact on the Club. Track issues within the PSB and other law enforcement agencies that could affect the Club.
• establish and maintain regular communication channels with the stakeholders at the Club’s Beijing and Guangzhou operations to ensure any issues relating to, or requiring the assistance of, PSB or other law enforcement agencies will be timely reported, manged and tracked.
• research law enforcement policies to track on changes that could be advantageous and the trends which might negatively impact the Club in the future.
• provide logistic and administrative support to Executive Manager including arrangement for meetings with the counterparts in PSB, taking minutes of meetings, tracking follow-up actions on issues raised in those meetings etc.
• work with other teams in the Security & Integrity Department, as well as other departments across the Club, to collaborate in planning engagement with the PSB.
You should have:
• a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in law enforcement and/or corporate security or other corporate roles, in particular related to mainland China as well as the Greater China area (Hong Kong, Taiwan)
• network of contacts in law enforcement agencies in China preferred but not essential
• fluency in written and spoken Chinese, English including Putonghua with strong ability to produce written reports
• knowledge and sensitivity to relevant legislation and guidance in particular relating to bribery, organised crime, and personal data privacy.
To apply, please click on Apply Now.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon requested.