We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced day-to-day SEN Teaching Assistant to support the learning of children with Special Educational Needs. Previous experience of working with children with special needs is essential. The successful candidate will be given a comprehensive induction and appropriate training.
This support will occur either with a small group within the classroom or on a one-to-one basis.
- Supporting the child/children through lessons and some playtimes
- Working alongside the class teachers and SEN Coordinator for planning and assessment
- Supporting preparation of resources following the teachers’ planning
- Keeping records to support assessments and support planning of next steps
- Working closely with the teachers and other teaching assistants to ensure good communication and effective working practices
- Degree holder
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience supporting teachers with everyday work in the classroom
- Experience of working one-to-one and with groups of children is essential
- Experience of working with children with special needs is essential
- The ability to work in a positive and supportive way with the children and their families
- The ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Have consistently high expectations for yourself and for our students, to ensure their full potential can be met
- Knowledge of the English National Curriculum KS1 & KS2 is desirable
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, all current safeguarding procedures
- A working knowledge and experience of using ICT applications relevant to a classroom environment
- Be committed to continuing professional development (CPD)
- Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Committed to our Catholic ethos
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at where our official application forms should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to Apply Now
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
The Closing Date for Applications: 16 June 2022
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during May & June 2022
Educating Hearts and Minds
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.