The Senior Assistant Registrar shall be responsible to the Registrar and assist in the management and coordination of various Registry functions. The appointee shall:
1. assist the Registrar in the overall management of the Registry including policy development and implementation, budgeting, manpower planning and resources allocation and utilization;
2. take charge of Registry functions assigned and manage and oversee the administration and operations in respective areas;
3. oversee the system development and work procedures to enhance operational efficiency and service quality;
4. ensure the quality of publications and information for prospective applicants and students;
5. provide committee support to the Senate and other committees and working groups; and
6. perform any other duties as assigned by the Registrar.
Applicants should possess:
1. a recognized degree, preferably a higher degree, with solid administrative experience in tertiary education and a successful track record of staff management;
2. substantial post-degree experience in Registry functions such as admission and enrolment, advanced standing, class scheduling, assessment and examination, student records, graduation and academic secretariat;
3. excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
4. demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable with a commitment to respond proactively to rapidly changing needs;
5. a high level of competence in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua); and
6. strong computer literacy and numeracy skills.
Terms of Appointment
The University will offer the right candidate an attractive remuneration package which includes annual leave, medical & dental benefits, life insurance coverage, contract-end gratuity and composite cash allowance where applicable. The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed-term contract (renewable subject to mutual consent).
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a trade test.
Deadline: 24 July 2018
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in March 2018 need not re-apply.)
|Job ref no.||180011N (CT3113078-01#0168)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following post in the Registry: