Our Audit Department contributes to the integrity, effectiveness and efficiency of The Hong Kong Jockey Club's diverse operations, and helps management to safeguard the Club from undue financial, operation, security and reputation risks. With this mandate, the Audit Department undertakes a wide variety of audits including operations audits, project audits, thematic audits, investigations, and special audits as initiated by management.
- Support in the overall coordination and management of all audit and administrative activities relevant to the assigned audit portfolio
- Support in the risk based annual audit planning (AAP) exercise and the preparation/completion of the Audit Plan pertaining to the audit portfolio
- Perform assigned operations or project audits within the designated audit portfolio and ensure proper discharge of Audit’s mandate in line with the Audit Plan
- Advise and collaborate with business management to identify opportunities/options in addressing risk and control issues with the objective to improve systems of internal controls
- Lead the ongoing improvement of the audit methodology to ensure effective and consistent audit assurance, alignment with the Club’s management activity and industry best practices
- Motivate, coach and develop Audit staff to raise their proficiencies on internal audits, and cultivate and nurture the required competencies, as well as suggest better ways to achieve relevant Audit’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Support the review and updating of audit standards and guidelines
You should have:
- University degree with relevant professional qualification(s) such as CA/CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, ACFE, etc.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of internal auditing or related experience, with excellent knowledge of financial, operational and/or information system auditing and hands-on experience in leading and managing complex audits
- Proven record in internal control evaluation and risk assessment at sizeable public accountant firm(s) and/or multinational corporate(s)
- Excellent analytical, communication, and report writing skills
- Excellent people and relationship management skills in leading and interacting with management and staff within and outside the Department
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent activities and work under pressure
- High professional and ethical standards
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.